Progress & Goals
LEAN BODY MASS
My Workout Philosophy View My Full Workout Program
Work the muscle NOT the weight
The key to maximizing muscle growth potential is to work the muscle, NOT the weight. Treat every workout as THE workout rather than an auxiliary workout. For example, many people treat the flat bench press as the God of building a big chest. Change things up! Begin a chest workout with dips and chest flys for once, or beging your workout with an incline bench instead.
On leg days, try doing isolation workouts first and then go for squats to increase the difficulty of your workout. I find that pre-exhaustion is a great way to build muscle, rather than trying to lift the entire gym on compound lifts. The key in being successful, as Arnold said, is to break the rules (not the law lol).
I do cardio for 30-50 minutes 4-5 times per week. I usually break up my cardio in a circuit. For example, I will do 10 minutes of jogging up and down stairs, 10 minutes on the stairmaster, and a brisk walk on an incline treadmill that will be a total of 30 minutes of cardio.
Breaking up the cardio into sections will make exercising much more exciting, rather than being in one position for over 30 minutes.
Also, I usually do my cardio separate from weight training to avoid overtraining. However, I will do cardio post-workout if I have the energy to do so. Simply listen to your body!
Types of cardio:
Jogging up and down stairs
Brisk walk on incline treadmill
My Nutrition Program View My Full Nutrition Program
1. Muscle milk/Gatorade/fish oil/cla
2. 9 egg whites/3 egg yolks/oats/kale/red delicious apple/natural peanut butter/cla
3. Chicken breast/ red delicious apple/kale/cla
4. Salmon/kale/red delicious apple/natural peanut butter/cla
5. Tilapia/kale/red delicious apple/cla/fish oil (optional meal)
My Supplement Program View My Full Supplement Program
Many of the supplements I use are combined to make pre-workouts; others are for general health.
Green tea extract
Micronized Creatine Monohyrdate
Muscle milk (when I want a quick meal or want a snack)
My Motivation Program View My Full Motivation Program
Constantly watch videos of great bodybuilders
I simply look at tons of workout videos from prominent bodybuilders, such as Ronnie Coleman, Kai Greene, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Phil Heath, Branch Warren, Jay Cutler, and Kevin Levrone. Moreover, I often read articles about weight training and nutrition.
1. Muscle milk/Gatorade/fish oil/cla 2. 9 egg whites/3 egg yolks/oats/kale/red delicious apple/natural peanut butter/cla 3. Chicken breast/ red delicious apple/kale/cla 4. Salmon/kale/red delicious apple/natural peanut butter/cla 5. Tilapia/kale/red delicious apple/cla/fish oil (optional meal)