Progress & Goals
LEAN BODY MASS
My Workout Philosophy View My Full Workout Philosophy
My Workout Program
Day 1 - "Torso" day - Chest, shoulders, back
1. Incline DB bench press: 3-4x6-10
2. Flat medium grip BB bench press: 3-4x6-10
3. Machine bench press: 2-3x8-10
I might also do a set or two of chest dips here.
4. Smith machine shoulder presses (front and/or behind neck): 5x6-8
5. Two arm dumbell rows: 2-3x8
6. Reverse machine flyes: 2x8
7. T-bar row: 4x6-10
8. Wide grip overhand pullups: 3-4x8-12
I might do a set or two of cable rows here.
9. Narrow grip overhand pulldowns: 2-3x8
10. Hyperextensions supersetted with ab leg raises: 3x15-20
Day 2 - "Limb" day - Calves, legs, triceps, biceps
1. Leg press calf extensions: 3-5x15
I warm up the presses for quads here too.
2. Leg press: 3-5x8
I used to do squats but suffer spinal compression each time.
3. Leg extensions: 3-4x8-10
4. Seated leg curls: 3x8
5. Hyperextensions supersetted with roman chair situps: 3x15-20.
6. Incline lying EZ bar tricep extension: 3-4x8-12
7. Tricep dips: 3x8 (with weights attached)
I might do 1-2 sets of tricep pressdowns here.
8. Standing barbell curls: 3x8
9. Preacher curls: 2-3x8
10. Forearm curls: 2-3x8-10
I don't take supplements except calcium and fish oil. But I have to take medications. I have two autoimmune deficiences (adrenal and thyroid http://www.addisons.org.uk/info/manual/page1.html) due to hereditary causes; I've never taken athletic enhancing drugs in my life, even when competing. I'll never be ripped but I am getting back into fairly good shape on this routine.
I eat according to the Canada Food guide: